How to Travel from Bangkok to Ranong
There are two ways to get from Bangkok to Ranong:
- Option 1: Fly to Ranong.
- Option 2: Take a bus to Ranong.
Flight times from Bangkok to Ranong
- Frequency: There is single flight per day from Bangkok to Ranong operated by low cost Thai carrier Nok Air departing from Bangkok’s second airport, Don Mueang.
- Price: For the distance this is a relatively expensive flight.
- Transport Connections in Ranong: Ranong Airport is 26 km away from the ferry pier to Koh Phayam and the jetty from where you can take longtail boats to Myanmar Immigration.
Bus Times from Bangkok to Ranong
- Departure from Bangkok: Bus services to Ranong depart from Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal.
- Bus Company: This service is operated by the Niomit Tour Company.
- Journey Time: 10 hours 25 minutes
- Ranong Bus Station: This bus service terminates at Ranong Bus Station. Ranong Bus Station is 6.2 km away from the ferry pier to Koh Phayam and 6.1 km away from the Thai Immigration Office in Ranong where you need to go to get an exit stamp from Thailand before taking a boat to Myanmar.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Ranong
Use the Search Box below to buy bus tickets and flights from Bangkok to Ranong.
- Compare ticket prices
- Find convenient travel times
- Secure online booking and instant ticket confirmation.
The demand for tickets from Bangkok to Ranong is steadily growing as Koh Phayam is rapidly developing into a popular tourist destination. If you are planning to travel to Ranong during high season we recommend that you book your tickets from Bangkok to Ranong well in advance.
Ferries to Koh Phayam depart from Ranong
How to Travel to Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal
Sai Tai Mai is the local name for Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal. Sai Tai Mai bus station is located on Western side of Bangkok’s Chao Phraya River. Unfortunately this major station is not close to to either a metro (MRT) station or elevated railway (BTS) station. To reach the Southern Bus Terminal from Central Bangkok you need to take a very long bus journey, take a taxi or take the BTS skytrain as far as Bang Wa BTS station and then take a taxi 9.1 km to the bus terminal. A meter taxi from Bang Wa BTS station to the Southern Bus Terminal costs 80 to 100 THB.
Location of Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal
Travel from Ranong Bus Station
Ranong Bus Station is located on the major road running from Ranong town South to Ranong Airport. There are plenty of shared songthaew taxis and motorbike taxis which can take to the jetty for boats to Myanmar as well the ferry pier to Koh Phayam. Expect to pay around 70 THB for a motorbike taxi from the bus station to the ferry pier. Red and blue shared songthaew taxis ply the route between the bus station and the ferry pier to Koh Phayam. Expect to pay 20 THB per person for a shared taxi, which will you drop you at the turning to the ferry pier on the Chaloem Phrakiat Road. If you want to travel from Ranong Bus Station to ferry pier to Koh Phayam simply tell taxi drivers that you want to go to Koh Phayam and they will take you to the right place.
Location of Ranong Bus Station
- Address: 6/60-61, Moo 1, Phetkasem Road, Tambon Bang Rin, Amphoe Mueang Ranong