How to Get from Koh Samui to Phuket
This journey can be done by bus and boat in two ways:
- Firstly, you can choose to travel independently via Surat Thani city using a number of different transport providers to complete each section of the journey.
- Secondly, you can choose to direct service, where the same company provides transport all the way from Koh Samui to Phuket.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Phuket
||7 hr 30 m
||7 hr 00 m
||7 hr 30 m
||7 hr 00 m
Buy Tickets from Koh Samui to Phuket
Use the Search Box below to find your tickets from Koh Samui to Phuket:
- Compare ticket prices of different transport companies.
- Find the most convenient times to travel.
- Book in advance to secure your seats.
There are two direct services from Koh Samui to Phuket which I would recommend using: the quicker more luxurious Lomprayah service and the much cheaper service by the reliable Phantip Travel company. The Phantip service is only 30 minutes slower than the Lomprayah service, however, depending upon where you are staying in Koh Samui and your final destination in Phuket you may find that the Lomprayah service has more convenient departure and arrival points.
Watchalong Temple in Phuket
The cheapest way to do the journey is take the car ferry from Nathon to Donsak ferry port, and book a bus transfer from Donsak to Surat Thani city with the ferry company at the same time as you purchase the ferry ticket. From Surat Thani bus station, or the private travel agents on the Talad Mai road in Surat Thani city, there are frequent bus and minivan departures to Phuket bus station. The journey should take 9 to 10 hours in total from the time you depart Koh Samui on the ferry.
- Travel Tip: This is a much longer journey time than travelling direct because you will need to travel the 65 km from the ferry pier to Surat Thani city and then wait for the next bus or minivan departure to Phuket.
Option 1: Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company
This services departs from the Lomprayah Pier in Nathon, which is the administrative capital of Koh Samui, and goes direct to the centre of Phuket Town. The sea crossing to the mainland is on a high speed catamaran with comfortable seating and a sun deck. Food and drink can be purchased on the boat.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Phuket (Lomprayah)
- Cost: 750 THB
- Journey time: 7 hours
Location of Na Thon Lomprayah Pier
- The Lomprayah service to Phuket departs from Na Thon Pier in Koh Samui.
Option 2: Phantip Travel Company
This service departs from Koh Samui Bus Terminal, which is near Nathon town, and goes direct to Phuket Bus Terminal 2, the main transport centre for Phuket. The journey goes via the car ferry pier from Lipa Noi pier to Donsak ferry pier where passengers transfer to a minivan which goes direct to Phuket Bus Terminal 2.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Phuket (Phantip Travel)
- Cost: 500 THB
- Journey Time: 7 hours 30 min
Location of Koh Samui Bus Station
- The Phantip Travel service to Phuket departs from Koh Samui bus station.
Arrival in Phuket
The two services terminate in different places in Phuket.
- Option 1: Lomprayah Service
This service terminates at the Lomprayah Company office which is located on the Bangkok Road in Phuket Town.
Location of the Lomprayah Bus Stop in Phuket Town
This service terminates at Phuket Bus Terminal 2, which is 4 km north of Phuket Town.
Location of Phuket Bus Terminal 2